Perusing Runner’s World Magazine’s homepage, I was immediately drawn to two words: “Running Naked.” My
first thought: Where in the United States can you run without clothes? Naked is an ambiguous word commonly associated with
stripping off clothes. In all contexts, only the action—removing
something—remains constant; the object changes.
| Kristin Armstrong |
Kristin Armstrong’s May 23 Mile
Markers column, “Running Naked,” is a compelling read from title to end. As I
read the emotionally deep article, I quickly felt shamed by my initial immature
thoughts. When ordered by a coach to run without a watch, to
run “naked,” Armstrong realized she already does, but for her being naked has
nothing to do with taking off a watch. Every time she runs, she lets her
thoughts wander and she explores a different depth of her emotions.
I relate to Armstrong’s
experience and admire her honesty and apt description. Nothing compares to a
challenging run. Both physically and mentally taxing, running pushes me to the
edge. As my legs churn and my breath labors, my mind slows and clears. There is
a terrifying moment when I realize, no matter how fast I go I cannot outrun
life’s problems or my feelings. That is what Armstrong describes.
| "Try running naked." |
Stripping emotionally is scarier
than doing so physically. It is comforting to read Armstrong’s concurring
opinion. She humanizes her experiences and her feelings, describing them in a
universally relevant manner. The approximately 500-word article concludes with
a hopeful tone and a humorous innuendo: “Try running naked. … Strip off your
burdens, fears and heartache, and let it all hang out.” This powerful column is
one I will save for a rough day when I need a reminder I am not alone as I tie
up my joggers, strip down my thoughts and go for a run.
Both physically and mentally taxing, running pushes me to the edge. As my legs churn and my breath labors, my mind slows and clears. There is a terrifying moment when I realize, no matter how fast I go I cannot outrun life’s problems or my feelings. That is what Armstrong describes.
ReplyDeleteSamsung Klantenservice Belgie
There is a terrifying moment when I realize, no matter how fast I go I cannot outrun life’s problems or my feelings. That is what Armstrong describes.
ReplyDeleteClick here: Facebook Helpdesk Bellen
nice post
ReplyDeleteThis powerful column is one I will save for a rough day when I need a reminder I am not alone as I tie up my joggers, strip down my thoughts and go for a run.
Microsoft Telefoonnummer
Dresser cited an MTA representative who stated the specific cause of the breakdown was unknown, which could explain why emails informing customers of this morning's delays were devoid of explanations.
ReplyDeleteGmail Bellen
Nice post
ReplyDeletehere I want to say that,
I am Elina Thomas, my company provides technical support to customers who have any issue with their laptop & computer(hardware and software), and printer, etc. Our technicians who have more knowledge about it will help you in resolving your issue properly within a minute, available 24*7.
for any query support related to any software and hardware you can go to.
Google Bellen