Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Hoop Dreams 2012"; Rolling Stone


Bravo Rolling Stone! I never thought I would write those words but I repeat, bravo! Thanks you for serving a powerful critique of the NBA!

Matt Taibbi’s “Hoop Dreams 2012” justifies my distaste for the Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers with picturesque metaphors and logical reasoning.  I can like Steve Nash and not know where Denver is on a map and still hope the Nuggets to crush California’s powerhouse. I can respect every other morally upstanding team in the league, cheer for them as if they are my “home team,” and not feel pink-shirt guilt. And as far-fetched having a new champion seems, hope remains. It is possible.

Dwayne Wade, left, and Kobe Bryant

If Rolling Stone’s sold jerseys, I would sport Taibbi’s. Succinctly, he conveys immense disgust for the moneymaking machine leading NBA teams morphed into over the past 20 years. He captures attention with his paragraph-long lead sentence, and he holds that attention with efficient, effective writing. Slam-dunk!

5 comments:

  1. I can like Steve Nash and not know where Denver is on a map and still hope the Nuggets to crush California’s powerhouse. I can respect every other morally upstanding team in the league, cheer for them.
    Related Link:Gmail Klantenservice Belgie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post
    thanks for sharing this and your experience with all of. I think to know more about it, you can also go here

    ReplyDelete
  3. But where are people? Customer service has a segment of human reps, but you have to hit the bottom after endless waiting and dissatisfaction. Amazon Phone Number is a web service specially designed to help you get the right help quickly.Amazon Bellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is, in my opinion, one of the most important pieces of information for me.

    And it's a pleasure to read your content. But I'd like to make a few general remarks.
    The website design is fantastic, and the content is superb.
    ---------------------------
    YouTube Bellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post
    please keep sharing more posts like this
    --------------------------


    Gmail Bellen LInkedin Bellen

    ReplyDelete